Monday, December 13, 2010

My car looks like a giant marshmallow

SO, we've had quite a bit of snow in the last 24 hours.  Himself had to go into work last night at 8:00 pm and is still there 13 hours later--will probably be there all day and into the evening.  It took him 1 1/2 hours to drive 17 miles--he was turned back once and had to find an alternate route.  It is still snowing here and a state of emergency has been called meaning all roads are officially closed.  My workplace is stupidly open but I'm lucky enough that my physical presence or lack thereof does not mean anything--I can work as well, or better, from home.

I've got the home fires burning and shoveled a path for the dog to get into the yard so she didn't get a snow enema.  I put some food out for the birds, the cats are sleeping in their places, and I'm contemplating going out and clearing off the other vehicles but haven't quite worked myself up to it.  I've got some websites up to monitor traffic for Himself and will text updates as I get them.  And I've already run two reports and gotten them out to my supervisor.

Stay safe and warm, everyone!

No comments: