Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance and Thanks on Veterans' Day

Himself says it better than I can, but I want to add my words to his.  Thank you to my ancestors who served in the Revolutionary War and helped to bring this country into being.  Thank you to my grandfather, Killed In Action in WWII.  Thank you to my uncles, who served in Korea and Vietnam.  Thank you to my brother, who served in peacetime.  Thank you to my sister, who served in Iraq at the hottest spots and at the height of the war there and who still serves.

Every day, I strive to remember and to act in accordance with the principles for which my family has fought and died.  They have all, through their service, tried to make the world a place where freedom reigns.

Thank you to all the veterans who have put their lives on the line to safeguard our way of life and our freedoms.

No comments: