Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've got a lot of things to be thankful for, and I am, every day.  I have a partner with whom I laugh, use extraordinarily long words in conversation, and share a sense of humor, reading preferences, and hobbies (oh, and he's also a Renaissance man and a fantastic cook who prepped Thanksgiving dinner before going to work a full day today). 

I have family and longtime friends that I can count on, no matter how long it's been since we've talked.  It's great to just pick up the phone and it's like we talked yesterday.

In the past year, I've made new friends in the blogging world that have become friends in the flesh and they enrich my life as do the other friends I've made.

I've got cats and a dog who everyday bring smiles to my face.

Truly the blessings outweigh anything else, and that's pretty good, IMO.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

ETA:  And I'm grateful that I live in the greatest country in the world.  I think the American people are starting to realize that freedom and liberty should not be given up for a little bit of safety and that bigger government is not the answer.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

We are all lucky to have you around. Sometimes I feel sort of like one of those lesser planets orbiting around the sun that is your smile and wit, but it's a pleasure to know you and Mr. B.

Barkley sends his regards and wants to know when the hell you're going to make more of those brownie cookies. :-)

Midwest Chick said...

We're the lucky ones to have someone with your knowledge and your talent to count as a friend.

Best regards to Barkley and all he has to do is say when and we'll bring down a batch! :-)