Saturday, July 24, 2010

I CAN believe I ate the whole thing.....

Mr. B is a fantastic cook on a regular day, but tonight he truly outdid himself.  On the menu:  grilled sharp (10 year old) cheddar, onion, and mushroom stuffed steaks (13 oz); fresh asparagus tips with a three cheese sauce; and fresh corn on the cob.  The times are not many when my manners completely desert me, but I tucked in like a starving wolf--I think he was scared I was going to attack when he came through the door from the grill with the steaks.  I'm also not one for vegetables generally, but I was scooping up asparagus as fast as I could get my fork to the plate--I actually ate the asparagus first before committing mayhem on the perfectly grilled steak (which he also covered with sauteed mushrooms and onions flavored with garlic and parsley in a butter and bacon drippings sauce--it must be noted that bacon DOES make it better).

After this meal fit for whatever deity you would choose, he hand-fed me cream puffs doused with special dark chocolate sauce.

I can't tell you when I've had a meal of this caliber--EVAH--and I've eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the country.  I'm very spoiled because he carefully crafts meals to my taste......

So now I'm just going to melt into the couch and enjoy the satiation.

Oh, and here's a picture of tonight's culinary delight......



Oh, and the lemonade was home-made also.  The only problem with such a perfect meal is that my conversation was not as sparkling because my mouth was constantly full of delicious bites of everything shown above.



That's how I feel now.....  (this was from breakfast last week, BTW)
 

No comments: