Friday, June 18, 2010

Namaste! Now take off your goddamned shoes......

I have been going to yoga for the past six months.  I like it, I like the people, and I think it's working for me on the physical front (YMMV).  However, in every situation, there are those who are completely frickin' clueless.  To get into the studio, you have to pass at least four signs, prominently posted, that say "Absolutely No Shoes in the Studio".  At the top of the stairs there is a bench under which there are usually ten to twelve pairs of shoes (this week there were a lot more).  There is a 2'X4' above the bench that says "Absolutely No Shoes in the Studio" and a smaller sign above the door handle.  You get the picture.....

So anyway, I'm sitting there, waiting for class to start, and this new woman walks in with her shoes on.  I look at her and point at her feet and say 'shoes'.  I get the same look that you get from a cow when you honk your horn at them.  I point again...  'shoes'.  To the same look of incomprehension.  Finally I say 'Take off your goddamned shoes.'  She finally gets the point and takes them off. 

After a couple of other incidents, I now have the unofficial position of 'yoga-enforcer'......  Part of my new crusade against rude folks everywhere.

6 comments:

atomic-fungus said...

The signs obviously don't apply to them, right?

Midwest Chick said...

Exactly. The signs didn't specifically have her name on them so they couldn't possibly mean HER shoes.

0g said...

How about "remove your shoes or a sweaty, fat 335 lb man will rip them off with his naked man boobs"

They'd never do it twice.

Midwest Chick said...

I'm guessing that would be a rather effective deterrent. Probably better than my patented Laser-Look of Death, which seems to be diluted by Bovine Incomprehension.

Borepatch said...

Heh.

Now if you can just say it in a Chris Christie New Joisey accent ... ;-)

Midwest Chick said...

Borepatch: I'm woiking on da accent....