Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I can't believe I forgot MY TOWEL!

In honor of Towel Day and Douglas Adams (ht. Newbius), I will be sure that my towel is included in my Bug Out Bag.  I've been a Douglas Adams fan for years and, given my mood, am just as likely to answer 42 to any random question as I am to actually answer said question.  I think part of the quote from 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' on Wikipedia juxtaposes quite nicely with the Bug Out Bag postings (here and here) by Mr. B.  Right now we don't need the space suit, but everything else looks good.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. 

2 comments:

DirtCrashr said...

Gotta have the towel!

CarterC_嘉玲 said...

從來愛都不知它的深度,非得等到別離的時候..................................................