Monday, May 24, 2010

Bug Out Bag (B.O.B.)

Learning lessons from Mr. B, tonight I got out my own Bug Out Bag and fitted my new webgear that I got for $20 (webgear, canteen, 2 pouches).  I subtracted a pouch and added a canteen (also a knife, flashlight, and holster). Being female, I have sanitary supplies, a sewing kit, and some glycerin soap. Then I went over the stuff in the bag and repacked everything.  The only things I'm lacking are a mess kit  and a small sleeping bag.  I also need to get my army surplus coat and boonie hat and put it with my bag.  I'll be wearing my boots around the house to make sure they're broken in.

This is the larger bag that will last me about 4-5 days (maybe longer).  I also have a smaller bag in my car.  Not a bad idea to have and it makes me feel better since I'm prepared as a just-in-case.

No comments: