Monday, April 5, 2010

So how DO you fire the RNC chairman??

Listening to the news this morning on my way to work and it was mentioned that Michael Steele, RINO RNC Chairman, is being taken to task for some rather extravagant trips on the RNC dime.  He hasn't been high on my list, being a RINO and an apologist for Republican views, but then he did the one thing that's guaranteed to get my blood boiling--he pulled the race card.
Steele said [in an interview with Washingtonian Magazine], "I don't see stories about internal operations of the DNC that I see about this operation. Why? Is it because Michael Steele is the chairman, or is it because a black man is chairman?"
On Good Morning America (article about the interview here) he said that he and Barak Obama have a 'slimmer margin of error' because of their race.  It couldn't possibly be because Steele spent $17,000 on a private plane, $13,000 on limos, and that the RNC staff under his watch are so inept that they can't even put the right telephone number on a fundraising letter.  And by comparing himself to Obama, for whatever reason, he squarely puts himself in the 'really needs to lose his job' category.  If I didn't have my tin-foil hat firmly in place, I would suspect that there are forces that have been trying to destroy the RNC from the inside, and he's the point person.

He says that he won't step down.  I say that if the conservatives want their party back, we need to fire him  and the whole leadership to get the party back on track.

No comments: