Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not poison ivy after all....

Mr. B called it this morning.  He was having a different reaction to the same thing that I got and the culprit is stinging nettle, which is all around the garden (unbeknownst to me until this morning when I saw the picture).  I was pulling it up and had on gloves and long sleeves but my sleeves apparently rode up and it stung me.  It does have a lot of medicinal uses and now that I know what it looks like I can be extra careful and will actually get some for the medicinal herb garden I'm planting.  The reaction and treatments are about the same for both poison ivy and stinging nettle so that's why the steroids worked last time.  So I'll keep slathering on the baking soda paste, which seems to really have an effect last night and work it through.  The article says up to a week of histamine joyfullness.

No comments: