Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dungeons and Dragons post from The Volokh Conspiracy

Being one of the few D&D nerd chicks in the world, this post at The Volokh Conspiracy discussing the Wisconsin court decision to not allow inmates to play D&D (ht Insty) really tickled my funny bone.  Makes me wonder how many bloggers are former (or are still) D&D players??  I haven't picked up my twelve sided dice for a saving throw in quite a while but I still have my books and old character sheets.  Truthfully, it seems to me that the virtual world of the Internet is quite similar in feel to the worlds of D&D.

2 comments:

The Big Guy said...

Former-
Last time I ran an adventure was in '82...
Prior to that I ran tournaments at Gencon in 78, 79, 80 and a few at Origins in the same timeframe.
I actually helped write and playtest scenarios for a gaming company in the late 70's and early 80s.

Good times, good times...

Midwest Chick said...

Sweet! I was always just a player, never a DM but I always had a blast!