Friday, November 27, 2009

Post Thanksgiving thoughts

As I'm sitting here watching cars do donuts in the parking lot across the street, I''m thinking about how thankful I am for the life I have now.  I'm with a man who loves me (and who is an excellent cook and teacher) and who keeps my mind active--my arguments had best be cogent ones (thanks B--your posting touched my heart).  My job is finally becoming interesting, which is nice.   I've got family and friends and furry companions who all seem to like me well enough (can never really tell with the cats though).  I can bake bread and rolls from scratch and I think I've got my chocolate pie recipe perfected at last--creamy but yet solid enough.  I think I laugh more than I cry.  I'm developing skills and gaining knowledge that are helping me to grow as a person.  I'm using the skills and knowledge that I've gained in my life in useful ways.  What's better than those blessings??

No comments: