Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Range Day

Went to the range and tried out my new Kel-Tec PF9-9mm. Shoots nice, kicks like a frickin' mule since it doesn't weigh anything--double action triggers are VERY hard to get used to though. Had to bring the line up to 21 feet since I couldn't tell what the HELL I was doing at 50 (shooting low, fancy that). Interestingly enough, I seem to shoot better one handed with this one than I do two-handed. All in all, nice carry piece since it's light, slim. But it wouldn't be one I'll take to the range just for fun, only for practice.

4 comments:

MeatAxe said...

The best DA trigger I ever saw on a carry pistol -- and I can see why you'd want a stiff pull on anything you'd use for CCW --was on the Kahr. Im not sure what magic trigger grease they put on at the factory, but right out of the box, that thing was like buttah.

How does the Kel Tec compare?

Midwest Chick said...

It's got a nice draw. Very smooth right out of the box--I didn't clean it before we went.

Thought about the Kahr, but the grip would rip the ka-ka out of my hand after four or five shots.

My partner, B, likes his Skyy (now SCCY)--same size but has a double-stack mag so not as slim.

Still lusting after a Kimber Ultra-Carry .45 with a Crimson Trace grip, but that's not in the cards right now.

B said...

It'll smooth out after another 100 rds or so sweetie....

Then I'll clean it with Strike-Hold and take about a pound out of the trigger.

As it is, you'll get any attacker in the groin, so they'll be out of the fight anyway...

Midwest Chick said...

True that.

The Strike-Hold will definitely help the slide and trigger and then I won't have to worry about gunk buildup either for carry purposes.

I always wonder why you guys wince every time I'm shooting double action.....