Thursday, October 1, 2009

Have they gone entirely mad???

Via RobertaX: an ad campaign in London warning women to not hold onto guns for their menfolk. What gets me is their front page: "Know when to say no. Picking up a gun or a knife always makes a situation worse never better." I dunno, I can think of a whole bunch of situations where picking up a gun or knife will make the situation better for ME. Maybe not for the other person, but if I'm having to take that action, I'm not terribly worried about their health or state of mind, I'm worried for my own safety or the safety of those around me.

It still makes me a bit sad to see a country that once held sway over a large part of the world come to a place where their Boy Scouts can't carry pocket knives, where the points on knives are being removed, and where their populace now consists of a bunch of sheep. Where one of their main spokesmen is a Naked Chef. Maybe the theory runs true where all of the brave Brits, the ones who bore the brunt of two World Wars, died in those wars leaving behind the weak and the bureaucrats.

It makes me even sadder to know that the present administration is using them as a model.

1 comment:

B said...

yup. Vioplence has, can, and will solve many problems. It is not, of course, the first choice, but it can, and will solve the issue of those who wish to do violence to you and yours.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.
Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

And Britain is circling the rim....