Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can't believe I missed this one--MArooned

JayG over at MArooned (ht Men are not Potatoes) wrote a missive on why exactly gun control legislation won't work. I've seen a lot of arguments but this one I think cuts to the chase and speaks to the heart. There are no easy answers as to why people don't seem to put a value on life that they once had.

The only time the media seems to care is when they can do a tally to make a political point, usually for more gun control. Britain is so adverse to looking for the cause of violence that they are outlawing Boy Scout knives and are taking the points off of regular kitchen utensils.

-----------------------------------------------

As a non-subject-related point, I have a lot of sympathy for JayG, I was stuck in MA for five years.....

No comments: